Selection of WEARABLE ART
Tanko -jewelry, 2016
Material: silver-plated copper / brass tube
Handmade necklaces. Brushed brass tube as a pendant.
Alps -necklace, 2016
Material: 100% pure copper /silver-plated copper, brass tube and porcelain
Handmade necklaces. Each piece has a unique porcelain pendant with different kinds of colour combinations.
Taking care of your jewelry and other useful information:
- Copper is a pure metal — it does not contain any other metals. Because of this, it’s a great choice for those with allergies to e.g. nickel. However, some people have a reaction to copper jewelry as well. Copper is antimicrobial & 100% recyclable.
- Copper oxidizes & develops a patina (changes color) quite nicely, but because of this, it can turn your skin green if worn for long periods of time, or when wet. To avoid this, consider copper jewelry as short-term wear only. Copper chain can be also easily cleaned by dipping it into a mixture of salt and spirit vinegar. If necessary, rub it gently. Rinse with mild soapy water and wipe dry with soft cotton cloth.
- Plated jewelry has a base metal made out of copper or brass with thin plating made out of sterling silver or 14K gold. Plated silver or gold will wear out over time. To avoid this, consider silver- and gold-plated jewelry as short-term wear. Ask your local goldsmith for replating. Do not attempt to clean the jewelry with abrasive materials as these will damage the plating. You can clean the jewelry very gently with a polishing cloth.
- To prolong the life of your jewelry piece, avoid putting any perfume, hairspray, harsh chemicals and acids on your jewel and keep them away from another metals. These may wear out the finish. Do not swim in chlorinated water with your jewelry on, water damages the metals. Avoid also showering and sweating with your jewelry on.
- Porcelain parts can be washed with mild soapy water. Dry carefully with a soft cotton cloth.